You know the moment where you check the weather app and it says there is going to be a full sun day in Pittsburgh? Heck, I’ll even take partial sun.
Well, I’m manifesting a lot of those with this list. And as Pittsburghers we don’t have time to waste figuring out how to spend the nice days. We need a hit list. And I’m sharing 20 things on mine for 2023.
My 2023 Summer Hit List
- Mini golfing and ice cream sandwiches at Forsythe Miniature Golf
- Outdoor movie – see my list of places to go from 2022
- Summer jazz night at Quantum Spirits
- Harmony, PA Sunday Fun-day crawl
- Finally check out 10.7 Marina
- Hiking x 5 – I need to keep discovering new trails for you all! The current list is here.
- Farmers markets
- Jumbo beer pong at Bamboo Bar, cornhole at Stick City Brewing Company, and other games with a beer in my hand. Or Arsenal Cider House.
- Food truck crawl, my undiscovered delicacy on so many levels
- Beer flights at Mikes Beer Bar
- Zelienople Open Air Thursdays and other night markets – Squirrel Hill Night Market, Sewickley Night Mart, Carnegie Crawl and Summer Friday at the Frick
- Trax Farms Cut-Your-Own Sunflowers
- Paddleboard tour at Moraine with SurfSUP Adventure
- Jet skiing date on the rivers
- All of the outdoor beer gardens with my Pittsburgh Brewers Guild passport
- Brunch at Mastic Trail Brewing
- Pick blueberries at Soergel Orchards and then bake muffins
- Check out the Hartwood Wine Cave
- Go see a Pirates Game … or two or three
- Take a walk to Point State Park and make pasta with Ryan Peters. I’m manifesting this one.
I can’t wait to share it all with you, I have a feeling this summer is going to be one for the books. Or, at least the Instagram reels.