I love to eat, don’t get me wrong. And drink. But, one of my recent goals is to cut down screen time (and couch time) by taking part in more activities.
I’ve been doing a ton of research on local classes and workshops that I’m interested in. SO, in case anyone else feels the same way I thought I’d share with all of you.
Here’s your new official hit list for *drumroll please* Classes and Workshops in Pittsburgh. And I do believe there is something for everyone.
- Singing and Music Lessons: Sunburst School of Music, Pittsburgh Music House
- Improv & Theater: Center for Theater Arts, Steel City Improv Theater, Act One Theatre School, Arcade Comedy Theater, City Theatre Company
- Latin Dancing: PGH Tango, CrossBody Dance and Movement, Los Sabrosos Dance Co, Salsa Pittsburgh
- Sewing, Arts & Crafts: Workshop, Sweetwater Center for the Arts, Protohaven, Contemporary Craft, North Hills Art Center, Union Project, Cut and Sew Studio
- Glass Blowing: Pittsburgh Glass Center
- Candle Making: Mix Candle Co, Oakmont Candle Works
- Pottery Wheel Throwing: Kiln-N-Time
Cooking and Baking
- Cooking Classes: Chef Alekka, Crate Cooking School, Gaynors School of Cooking, CCAC, Phipps Conservatory
- Italian: La Dolce Vita Boutique
- Bread Making: Enrico Biscotti
- Macarons: Macaron Bar
- Pizza: Threadbare, Enrico Biscotti
- Pasta: Forma
- Seafood: Wholey’s
- Butchering: Fat Butcher
- Charcuterie: The Cheese Queen
- Woodworking: Back Channel School of Woodworking, Woodcraft of Pittsburgh, Workshop, Sweetwater Center for the Arts, Protohaven
- Blacksmith: The Barefoot Forge
- Flowers: Pisarcik Flower Farm, The Farmer’s Daughter Flowers, The Blue Daisy Floral Designs, Armful of Flowers, & Flowers, Phipps Conservatory
- Graffiti: Rivers of Steel
Be sure to bookmark this for any future special occasions, girls nights or date nights where you don’t want to ‘just’ grab another drink or dinner. Certificates are also fantastic gift ideas for an experience you can do together.
I was shocked to see such diversity and everything we have in this city at our fingertips.
If you’ve taken any of these or others, let me know what you thought!